Importation and Transport
Here at Elite Dobermans UK, we care greatly about the welfare and legalities of importing puppies from Europe into the UK, that’s why we only use Defra licenced carriers for our Doberman puppies and work together with our local council, Trading Standards and Customs and Excise to ensure that full compliance with the law is always achieved.
The commercial importation and transport of puppies into the UK from Europe is a regulated activity that can only be undertaken by licenced professionals. Puppies must be imported in-line with the Balai Directive and be registered onto the Trade Control and Export System (TRACES). Failure to adhere to the rules and regulations for importing and transporting animals can lead to heavy fines and in some instances, animals having to endure extended quarantine periods. As licenced sellers working hand in hand with Defra authorised Type 2 Transporters, we are able to guarantee the legal importation into the UK of our puppies. By ensuring compliance in the importation and transport stages, Elite Dobermans UK ensure that the welfare of our puppies is maintained throughout their journey to us.
As part of our commitment to the lawful importation and transport of our dogs, Elite Dobermans UK guarantee that puppies supplied by us;
- Will be imported 100% legally into the UK
- Are issued with compliant EU Pet Passport modelled on Annex 1 of Commission Decision 2003/803/EC
- Are fitted with an ISO 11784/11785 compliant 15-digit non-encrypted pet microchip
- Are vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days prior to entering the UK
- Have been de-wormed at least 24 hours before entering the UK
- Are vaccinated against, canine influenza, parvovirus and leptospirosis
- Will have had their details entered onto the TRACES system by an approved veterinarian
- Will have been checked for good health prior to travel by an approved veterinarian
- Will not have to endure extended quarantine periods